Monday 30 January 2012

The Police Report


a quick update... 

A week after my medical, the Doctor called and said I had the all clear, and then posted the results to me. They arrived quickly and were placed in a sealed envelope, which I am not allowed to open, I just have to send them in with my emigration application. All very secretive! As the doctor said, he doesn't make the decision, they do. So hopefully they will agree that its all OK too.

So the next thing to do were the police reports. Even through Sarah is a Kiwi, she needs to have one too as she is ‘supporting’ my application. I think this is to make sure we haven’t been leading lives of crime in the UK!

The form can be found here, it’s fairly simple, its mostly your basic details and your address‘s for the last 10 years. You also have to enclose a passport photo with this, which you have to get endorsed by someone who has known you for over 2 years and who’s vocation appears on their ‘approved’ list. In our case, our good friend Tim who is a manager, endorsed ours. This involved filling out a page of the form and writing some details on the back of the photo. This is then all sent off with a cheque for £35 for each application. We’re not anticipating any issues with this, but lets see what happens...

In the meantime, Kai has also had a second trip to the vets for booster vaccinations and a blood test, costing £85 this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment