Tuesday 10 January 2012

And we're off...


OK, so we have started to get the ball rolling properly now.

We are doing everything ourselves instead of using any companies to do it all for us. So we are using the NZ immigration site.

As Sarah is from NZ, we are applying through the Partner Programme.


Kai has had his first rabies jab (even though both NZ and the UK are rabies free!) which cost £55.

I have to have a medical check up for the application, here’s the form, and attach 3 passport photos to it. You have to pay for the tests and use their approved panel doctors.


We booked the medicals last week, which consists of a chest x-ray, physical examination, blood and urine tests. Because of the variety of the tests, I have to have the x-ray at a hospital and the examination at a doctor’s surgery. I managed to get the X-ray booked in for the following Monday and the exam for the Friday of the same week. So I did not have to wait long at all for appointments.

I actually had the first part of my medical yesterday, a chest X-ray at hospital (unfortunately it’s not my nearest one). The cost £92.26 and was pretty quick and simple, my parking charges were just under an hour!

I had to take a few parts of the form with me along with a photocopy of my main passport page, the passport itself and of course a cheque for the fee (yes, they are still in the nineties!).

I had to put a gown on my top half, stand against a X-ray board with my shoulders forward and breath in. The doctor took the X-ray which took only a second and that was that. I signed the application form in front of her and they send the paper work to the doctors for my exam on Friday.

I just have to remember to keep my cholesterol down until Friday, and fast for 12 house before.

I’ll post again about the experience. Hopefully it's not too unpleasant!

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment